remotEMDR works very well with external video-chat platforms like Zoom or Skype, but it also has its very own advanced and easy-to-use video-chat with many unique and helpful features. Keep reading to learn how to use the platform’s internal video-chat and find out about its main benefits.
Setup (before the therapy session)
- To use remotEMDR’s internal video-chat, start by going to http://www.remotEMDR.com through Chrome, Firefox or Safari browsers (iOS users – please log in through Safari only, and make sure the OS is 13 or above), and log into your account.
- Second, make sure that both you and your client have a functioning camera and microphone connected to your devices and give your browsers permission to use them on remotEMDR’s website (Click on your browser’s name for instructions: Chrome, Firefox, Safari).
- Make sure that another application on your device is not using the selected camera and microphone.
- Finally, send your client an invitation link to the remotEMDR session.
You’re now ready to begin the session through remotEMDR’s internal video-chat.
Starting the Video Chat
- On the platform’s main screen, click on the Start Session button next to your client’s name. Once your client joins the remotEMDR session, the red circle next to their name will turn green, and a popup message will appear, prompting you to choose a video chat platform.
- If necessary, click the Video Chat Settings button to choose the microphone and camera you would like to use.
- Click the Start remotEMDR Video-chat button to start the session, and wait for your client to accept the call.
You and your client will now be able to see and hear each other through the video chat, and the session can begin.
Operating the Video Chat
In this section, we will go over some of the internal video-chat’s key features:
- During the session, you will have a full-screen view of your client and a thumbnail view of yourself at the screen’s top right corner. Your client will have a similar view. Both you and your client can drag and drop the thumbnail and locate it anywhere on the screen.
- If you would like, you can minimize your thumbnail by clicking the minus button at the thumbnail’s top right corner. To bring it back up, click the plus button.
- Once you turn on the BLS, your client will no longer see you and themselves but only the elements so that they can focus on their movement without distractions. Your view will remain the same as it was before. If you would like your client to keep seeing you while the BLS is active, click on the Settings icon and choose the “Show video to the client during the BLS” option.
- Both you and your client can turn your cameras off and on again at any time during the session by clicking on the camera button. You can also mute or unmute your audio by clicking on the microphone button.
- New – a share screen button: remotEMDR’s internal video-chat has a share screen option that is available on both sides of the chat – client and therapist. You can find the Share Screen button on the right side of the session screen.
Ending the Call
- To end the internal video-chat call and exit the video-chat, click the Hang-Up button.
- To reopen the internal video chat from the session screen, click the Video-Chat icon on the screen’s right-hand side and select remotEMDR internal video chat. Please note that this option will only be available while your client is connected.
Go back to remotEMDR by scrolling to the top of this page and clicking the Main Platform button to try the internal video-chat now. If you would like a visual demonstration, click below to watch our video guide on using the internal video-chat.