In addition to having its own advanced internal video-chat, remotEMDR works seamlessly with most external video-chat platforms, including SimplePractice, WeCouncel, Google Meet, and many more. Apart from two exceptions (Zoom and Doxy.me), you can follow these simple steps to set up your remotEMDR session with any external video-chat platform:
- Open Chrome, Firefox, or Safari browsers (iOS users – please use Safari only).
- Sign in to the external telehealth video-chat platform and start a new session.
- Open a new tab on your browser and sign in to remotEMDR.
- Invite your client to join the remotEMDR session, and click the Start Session button next to their name on the client list (found on remotEMDR’s main page).
- Once your client joins the session, a pop-up message will appear, prompting you to choose a video-chat platform. Close this message by clicking the small X button in its top-right corner.
- Click on the pushpin icon on the control panel’s upper right side to ensure the control panel stays open throughout the session.
- Split the external video-chat platform and remotEMDRs’ tabs into two separate windows. You can do this by either right-clicking on one of the tabs and selecting “move tab to a new window” or simply clicking on one of the tabs and dragging it down.
- Click the restore down (-) icon at the upper right corner of the window. If you are using a Mac computer, look for the green button instead.
- Adjust the window’s size by clicking and holding the window’s border and moving it with your mouse.
- To move the window around your screen, click and hold the top bar and move it with your mouse. This way, you can locate the remotEMDR window at the bottom part of your screen.
- Do the same with the video-chat platform’s window – click the restore down button, adjust the window’s size, and move it to the top part of your screen.
Now you have a simultaneous view of both platforms, so you can see your client and operate the BLS at the same time. You’re ready to start your session!
For a video tutorial on using remotEMDR with external video-chat platforms, click below.